Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Apple Pie

For the longest time, I have tried and tried to find a good apple pie recipe that I could make successfully, and it would taste good. Let's just say that two-crust pies aren't my forte. I have trouble getting that top crust to behave and bake just like I'd like. Also, I usually lack room to roll out dough.

Or the apples don't get done.

Or the taste is "ok," but not great.

For quite awhile now, I've used a "pat-in-pan" recipe for pie crust, and LOVE it. So when I found "Crumb Topped Apple Pie" in an old issue of "Taste of Home" magazine, I had to try it. It used the most basic of ingredients, and didn't require a top crust.

Simple ingredients, and fresh apples, yielded THIS:



Then, I cut a piece and added ice cream:



OH WOW, I HAVE FOUND MY APPLE PIE RECIPE. So good!

No comments:

Post a Comment