Thursday, November 7, 2013

Super-Spicy Chicken-Onion Quesadilla


I had a hankerin' hit yesterday for a quesadilla. Well, my brain started churning about what-all we had on hand, and I came up with a plan. Hubby asleep (works nights), Younger Son at school, and Older Son was home on a day off. So I had just enough tortillas to fix Older Son and I each a quesadilla for lunch.

First, I sauteed most of a large onion and some jalapeno slices in some olive oil. As that got done, I added a big drained can of chicken meat, some salsa, and spices (salt, pepper, red pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, oregano and chili powder). Then I let all this simmer awhile. (Added a little water to keep it from being too dry and to help the spices mix through.)

The oven was heated to 350. I buttered one side of four tortillas. Put two buttered-side down on a baking pan. Sprinkled on a layer of shredded cheddar cheese. Spooned on the filling, topped with more cheese, then the other two tortillas, buttered side up. Baked for 15-20 minutes, and cut into wedges to serve. Some toppings would be excellent with these, such as sour cream, more salsa, olives, etc. It was delicious. AND SPICY. Older Son's more so, as he added some habanero sauce to his!

No comments:

Post a Comment