Monday, May 25, 2015

Drying Out the Salt


With all the rain we've had, it's super-humid, both indoors and out. Our salt shaker got plumb clogged. I emptied it, washed it, dried it, and filled it with fresh salt. Except you could tell the salt in the bigger container was suffering the effects of humidity, and clumping a little.

I remembered a couple of remedies I've heard in times past. 1. Put a few grains of uncooked rice in the salt shaker. 2. Put pieces of soda cracker in the salt shaker. So I put a bit of saltine cracker in ours, to hopefully absorb the moisture and the salt will flow freely.

It might be a difference that this current salt I have is an "off" brand from a discount grocery store. I think I'll go back to Morton brand, which has as its motto, "When it rains, it pours."


(Internet Photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment