Friday, September 2, 2011

Variety




Not doing any canning, but I'm gearing up for maybe someday soon trying it. At any rate, I LOVE to use canning jars for all kinds of various things. I've seen lots of neat ideas on other blogs, and enjoy using these jars. I bought four different cases of jars throughout the summer, each a different kind. Wide mouth, regular, quart, pint, half-pint. So to get started using them, I washed a few of each kind, and put them to dry. I've also got some plastic storage lids if I want to do that instead of the metal rings and lids.


My main ideas are for food storage (like dry beans and pastas), leftovers, craft supplies, flowers, and for drinking out of. I guess if you're not very thirsty you could use the half-pint, and if you're REALLY thirsty you could go with the quart! So anyway, I'll start having fun with these now. :)

2 comments:

  1. I think they are perfect for storage. I am on the hunt for a bunch of them too. Love the looks of them all lined up with pantry staples in them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Elaine, I like that "old-fashioned" look. :) I like that they're more airtight than the plastic bags or boxes foods come in. There are some really neat jars out there!

    ReplyDelete