Thursday, August 25, 2011

Easy Casserole




Thought of a casserole today and couldn't get it out of my head, so I threw it together tonight to see how it would taste. I knew younger Son wouldn't touch it, and when I told Hubby what was in it, he wasn't interested. But as of now, before bedtime, it is GONE! Older Son and I cleaned it up! We each had some for supper, then I had a bit awhile ago for an evening snack, and he just now cleaned up the rest!


Easy Hamburger-Corn-Noodle Casserole


1 lb. hamburger
1 can condensed tomato soup
1 can corn
1/2 pkg. dry wide noodles, COOKED
salt
pepper
onion powder
garlic powder
paprika
cheese


Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray a 9" X 13" pan or baking dish. Brown hamburger, drain. Add soup (undiluted), a dab of water, corn, cooked noodles and spices to taste. Pour into baking pan or dish. Top with shredded or sliced cheese. Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through. Try not to eat the whole thing at once, if you like this kind of thing.


I intended to cover this with a load of shredded cheese, but the guys ate it all! Not a speck of shredded cheese in the fridge. So I just grabbed a few slices of prepared sliced cheese, and at least had some kind of cheese on it. This is really versatile, you could add other veggies, like green beans (none of my guys will touch!), or any kind of noodles or pasta. Any kind of cheese. Just however you'd like it.


The only thing older Son and I agreed on was that it baked up kind of dry, though the taste was GOOD. I figure the noodles absorbed moisture, even when cooked. So maybe add a little more water or maybe some broth. Anyway, this will be a keeper, easy to make, and at least two of us will eat it!

No comments:

Post a Comment