Saturday, August 13, 2011

Tomorrow is a church dinner. Roast beef is going to be provided, so we're all to bring other stuff - side dishes, salads, desserts, etc. So I made a dessert tonight that I haven't made in awhile, but I've taken it a time or two before and it goes over well.


I was shopping for ingredients, and couldn't remember if it was 2 small boxes (4 servings each) of instant vanilla pudding, or 1 large box (6 servings), so I got the 2 small boxes. Of course, when I looked at the recipe, it called for the large box!


So I made the 2 boxes, and ended up with more of the "pudding" part than I needed. So I made an extra little fancy dish of it, then made a seperate small bowl of broken up graham crackers, sliced bananas, and the leftover pudding.


"Luscious, layered blueberry dessert." (With a small dish of extra.)




Dish of banana-graham cracker pudding.




LUSCIOUS, LAYERED BLUEBERRY DESSERT


14 whole graham crackers
1 pkg. (6-serving size) vanilla instant pudding
1 c. whipped topping
1 can (21 oz.) blueberry pie filling


Line a 9-inch square pan with whole graham crackers, breaking crackers, if necessary. Prepare pudding mix as directed on package for pudding. Let stand 5 minutes; then blend in whipped topping. Spread half the pudding mixture over the crackers. Add another layer of crackers; top with remaining pudding mixture and remaining crackers. Spread pie filling over top layer of crackers. Chill 3 hours. Makes 9 servings. Note: Also delicious with cherry pie filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment