Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Happy Reading




I love homemaking, cookbooks and simple, old-fashioned living. So I've been really glad to acquire these two books recently - "Mennonite Girls Can Cook" and "The Amish Cook's Anniversary Book." Reading them will be ideal as I stay in from the heat and sit by the AC. I enjoy anything that's encouraging along the lines of being a mom-at-home and food preparation. Now to go get something icy to drink and sit a spell ...


Here are links that show these books:


http://www.amazon.com/Mennonite-Girls-Cook-Lovella-Schellenberg/dp/0836195531/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1309378429&sr=1-1


http://www.amazon.com/Amish-Cooks-Anniversary-Book-Family/dp/0740797654/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1309378429&sr=1-2

2 comments:

  1. Oooo...I LOVE cookbooks!!! Especially old ones. I have some from the 40's that I just love. And my very favorites are some of my grandmothers and great-grandmothers. There are handwritten notes in the margins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've got some fun treasures to enjoy, Becky! :) Especially those handwritten notes would be neat. Mom wrote by the recipes in her cookbooks sometimes, but usually just barely, such as "good" or "do not make this again." LOL!

    ReplyDelete